How to Create and Manage Topics and Training Standards Tags
As an Admin on the Academy system, there may be times when you want to create custom Topics or Training Standards Tags to organize the training content as you see fit.
Topics are a way to group Courses that cover the same subject matter, and will appear in the main navigation menu for your Organization under the “Topics” menu item.
Training Standards Tags are a way to tag content that relates to specific training standards or requirements like OSHA, Human Resources, etc. These Training Standards Tags are listed inside the Course on each Module page, below the training content.
Follow the steps below to get create your first Topic or Training Standards Tag:
- In the main navigation menu, go to Admin > Topic Manager
- Click the “New Topic” button on the right side
- In the “Name” field, type the Topic Name
- In the “Description” field, type in a short description of what the Topic is about. This description appears on the Topic Manager dashboard to help identify the Topic. If you choose to convert the Topic into a Training Standards Tag, the description will also appear when Users click on the name of the Training Standards Tag.
- Optional: Check the “Is training standard” checkbox to convert the Topic into a Training Standards Tag
- Check the “Hidden” checkbox if you ever want to hide a Topic from your Users (for example, if it’s outdated and you need to update the related Courses).
- Click “Save”.
- If you created a Topic, your Topic will appear in search results and the top navigation menu once you associate Courses with the Topic. It will be invisible if no Courses are associated with it.
- If you created a Training Standard Tag, it will be listed on any Courses that you associate with it.
- To associate Custom Courses with your new Topic or Training Standard Tag:
- Navigate to the Course and click the “Edit” button on the right side
- Click the “Course Settings” button on the left side
- Scroll down to the “Topics” field and type in the name of the Topic or Training Standard Tag you created
- Click the “Save” button
- Click the “Exit Edit Mode” button and check your work
Did you find this article helpful?